The City of El Cajon has eight Commissions. The City Council appoints residents of El Cajon to serve on the following four City Commissions:
- Gillespie Field Development Council
- Personnel Commission
- Planning Commission
- Public Safety Facility Financing Oversight Committee
- Veterans Commission
The current list of Commissioners can be found on the Local Appointment's List (Maddy Act).
Eligibility for each commission varies, however most require that an individual be a resident of El Cajon and remain within the City during the term. Also, some commissions require specific expertise and background. For more information, please review the commission requirements when the application is posted for vacant positions.
The City of El Cajon City Council announces it is accepting applications for a vacancy on Personnel, Planning and Veteran's Commissions.
- Filing Period: December 13, 2017 – January 11, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
- Interview and Appoint Applicants: January 23, 2018 at 7 p.m.in the Council Chambers, 200 Civic Center Way, El Cajon, CA 92020
Below you will find information and the applications to apply:
- Personnel Commission Information and Application
- Planning Commission Information and Application
- Veterans Commission Information and Application
You can submit your application by email, mail or in person. Applications must be signed. Please review the application carefully and follow directions with regards to the submittal process.
Email to: CityClerk@cityofelcajon.us
Mail or deliver to: City Clerk's Office, 200 Civic Center Way, El Cajon, CA 92020