City Commissions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City of El Cajon has eight Commissions.  The City Council appoints residents of El Cajon to serve on the following four City Commissions:

  1. Gillespie Field Development Council 
  2. Personnel Commission
  3. Planning Commission
  4. Public Safety Facility Financing Oversight Committee
  5. Veterans Commission

 The current list of Commissioners can be found on the Local Appointment's List (Maddy Act).


Eligibility for each commission varies, however most require that an individual be a resident of El Cajon and remain within the City during the term.  Also, some commissions require specific expertise and background.  For more information, please review the commission requirements when the application is posted for vacant positions.


The City currently has two (2) vacancies for the Veterans Commission.


Applications for open commission positions are posted throughout the year after an opening occurs, due to a term expiration or resignation. Please review the application carefully and follow directions with regards to the submittal process.  Check back continuously to see when new commission seats become available.  

You may click items below for information and applications:




Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer